Hendrik Kersten is a photograph who works in Amsterdam and uses his daughter and his model to evoke a past period already long gone but which can be seen through the art of paintors as Vermeer. Kersten’s style immeditately makes the viewer think about Vermeer.
He uses modern objects to decorate his daughter, Paula, such as plastic bags, hoodies, lamps, toilet paper or towels, among other ordinary objects that may be found in any house. Kersten’s work was published in “Dutch Seen: New York Rediscovered”.
Another images which depict the Dutch’s painter’s style is through Matt Groening, the famour creator of the Simpsons, whose characters were used to recreate old legends such as The Girl with a Pearl Earring. It is a young painter named David Barton.
Following the same style with other painters: Willie the Scottish man in Van Gogh’s Self Portret
Apu as Dalí
Homer as Rembrant
- http://sloblogs.thetribunenews.com/shelikestowatch/tag/vermeer/ (22/05/2011, 15.00)
- http://www.blending-mashine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/simpsons_apu_dali_art.jpg (22/05/2011, 15.00)
- http://designrelated.tv/inspiration/simpons%20art%20masterpieces/homer_simpson_rembrandt.jpg (22/05/2011, 15.05)
- http://www.limpfish.com/b3ta/marge_small.jpg (22/05/2011, 15.05)
- http://www.bronx.com/news/Art/611.html (22/05/2011, 15.05)